WAPPLES SA (Software Appliance) is a virtual WAF that can be seamlessly integrated with cloud systems and other virtual environments. This solution is a
great fit for enterprise customers such as data centers and hosting providers as well as SMBs such as managed security service providers and private cloud
business infrastructures. WAPPLES SA has support for popular hypervisors including KVM, XenServer, and vSphere.
WAPPLES SA (Software Appliance) generally provides all the capabilities of the hardware WAPPLES appliance with the added ability to scale as your business grows. Based on the same award-winning WAPPLES technology, WAPPLES SA can detect and block known, modified, and zero-day attacks with its
Contents Classification and Evaluation Processing (COCEP™) engine.
- 28 pre-configured detection rules heuristically and semantically protect websites at extremely low false-positive rates
- Validity testing mechanism (Luhn: ISO/IEC7812) prevents leakage of sensitive data
- Centralized dashboard aids visualization of threat data
- Supports log searches by period/source/URI/country
- Exports logs in Excel format and supports backup/deletion/recovery of logs
- Easily operable without maintenance by web security experts
Matching the dynamic scalability of the Cloud, WAPPLES SA provides the most appropriate level of protection for any sized company.
Unlike deploying a hardware appliance, implementing WAPPLES SA is an extremely straightforward process. When a client decides to deploy WAPPLES SA, the client receives a DVD file that can simply be imported through supported virtual platforms.
The benefits are:
- Minimal changes to existing systems
- Quick setup with pre-configured security policies
- Intuitive GUI management console allows users to further fine-tune and create robust custom security policies
- Independently managed H/W servers and S/W protection with a reverse proxy IP
- Increased efficiency in web security management
WAPPLES SA runs as a virtual appliance on the same layer as other virtual images. Therefore, there is no need for the installation of another agent or any other modification of the virtual platform/hypervisor.
Once the proxy IP of the webserver is registered in WAPPLES, the logic-based detection engine of WAPPLES SA will immediately begin examining all web
traffic sent to the registered web server. In general, performance degradation may be experienced when a security solution has more than 3,000 patterns.
With WAPPLES SA, however, such pattern updates are no longer required.
Optimized for integration with cloud systems, cloud providers are able to provide their clients with high-end security services:
1. Increase reliability of cloud service through improved security
2. Build customized management pages with WAPPLES SA’s Web API
3. Reduce TCO by utilizing a virtual appliance instead of H/W model
4. Support high availability, complete with policy and log synchronization in real time
5. Receive web attack analysis report for cloud service providers
|HDD 40 GB
|HDD 80 GB
|HDD 100 GB
|HDD 200 GB
|VMware, Hyper-V, Xen Server, Linux KVM
|Public Cloud (IaaS) Supported
|AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Alibaba Cloud
*Actual performance may vary depending on multiple factors including system configuration, hardware specifications, and network traffic.