Unlike deploying a hardware appliance, implementing WAPPLES V-Series is an extremely straightforward process. When a client decides to deploy V-Series, the client receives a DVD file that can simply be imported through supported virtual platforms.
The benefits are:
- Minimal changes to existing systems
- Quick setup with preconfigured security policies
- Intuitive GUI management console allows users to further fine-tune and create robust custom security policies
- Independently managed H/W servers and S/W protection with a reverse proxy IP
- Increased efficiency in web security management
WAPPLES V-Series runs as a virtual appliance on the same layer as other virtual images. Therefore, there is no need for the installation of another agent or any other modification of the virtual platform/hypervisor.
Once the proxy IP of the web server is registered in WAPPLES, the logic-based detection engine of V-Series will immediately begin examining all web traffic sent to the registered web server.
In general, performance degradation may be experienced when a security solution has more than 3,000 patterns. With V-series, however, such pattern updates are no longer required.