For several years, web applications ha
ve been the number one target of hackers. Companies, organizations, and governments that utilize the internet for commerce and communication are at risk of having vital private, proprietary, secret, and/or confidential information leaked via their web applications. Web attacks grow more sophisticated every day. As such, it can be difficult to find a security product that can accurately detect and block both known and unknown attacks – including the top ten critical threats against web applications outlined by OWASP – while minimizing the administrative burden without hampering system performance. However, WAPPLES – the web application firewall from Penta Security – can accomplish those things.
What you can expect
- Detects and blocks website attacks
- Prevents website defacement and counterfeit websites
- Prevents web attacks designed to steal information
- Provides real-time monitoring and security alerts
- Enables High Availability (HA) to prevent any service disruptions
- Offers easy and convenient installation and management
- Reduces web application security management costs
- Optimizes speed of service by blocking unnecessary traffic
Operates on a logic analysis based engine
- Capable of detecting both known and previously unknown attacks
- Extremely low rate of false positives compared to other products
Does not strain the pre-existing system
- Can be installed using a variety of methods that do not place an extra load on the system.
- In case there is a hardware problem, the BYPASS feature provides continued service without any disruptions.
- WAPPLES can be installed in various network configurations, including in-line, reverse proxy, transparent proxy, and High Availability (HA).
- Highly skilled administrative staff are not required to operate WAPPLES, due to the combination of its easy-to-use GUI and the intelligent logic analysis based engine.
- As WAPPLES itself, not an administrator, is responsible for both detecting attacks and determining and launching appropriate countermeasures, the burden on administrative staff is minimal.
Offers flexible, real-time management
- WAPPLES allows administrators to monitor equipment operation status as well as security threats in real-time.
- WAPPLES offers customizable reporting, which can provide a variety of statistical data.
|2005||WAPPLES was introduced|
|2007||WAPPLES received the GS (Good Software) Certification from the Telecommunications Technology Association of Korea|
|2008||WAPPLES received CC (Common Criteria) Certification|
|WAPPLES received Security Compatibility Certification from the South Korean National Intelligence Service|
|WAPPLES received the Intelligent Product Award from South Korea’s Intelligent Information System Society|
|2009||WAPPLES received the Grand Prize in New Software Product from the South Korean Ministry of Knowledge and Economy|
|WAPPLES acquired PCI-DSS certification|
|2010||WAPPLES received the Grand Prize at the 9th Korea Software Competitiveness Awards|
|WAPPLES received Korean patent for 'Method of detecting a web application attack'|
WAPPLES acquired IPv6 Ready Silver Logo
|2011||WAPPLES v2.3 received SAP Certification from the SAP in Germany.|
|2012||WAPPLES received Japan patent for 'Method of detecting a web application attack'|